Skip to content
Core UN Programmes and Agencies
- Security Council (UNSC) – 5 Permanent and 10 Non-permanent members – New York Based Maintenance of International Peace and Security – Veto over Consensus – Rotating Monthly Presidency
- WFP (World Food Programme): Rome, Italy – Largest humanitarian agency, combating hunger and malnutrition worldwide.
- FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization): Leads international efforts to fight hunger from its headquarters in Rome, Italy.
- IMF (International Monetary Fund): Fosters economic growth and provides financial assistance with headquarters in Washington, DC, USA.
- WHO (World Health Organization): Coordinates international health efforts from its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.
- WORLD BANK: Focuses on poverty reduction and development with its headquarters in Washington, DC, USA.
- UNAIDS: Leads efforts to combat HIV/AIDS globally from its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.
- UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees): Protects refugees worldwide from its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.
- UNFCCC (United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change): Supports global climate action under UN auspices, headquartered in Bonn, Germany.
- IOM (International Organization for Migration): Manages migration, offers humanitarian aid, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with UN-related activities.