Skip to content
Why India Matters for the World
- Only major economy – expected to grow by around 7% nominal GDP growth rates for many coming years.
- China – saturated on economic growth rate – economic slowdown for many next years.
- India – a functional democracy – suits well against China’s extortion on economic front.
- India – the most populous nation – that is well connected to the world.
- Potential to replace China’s as the next manufacturing hub of the world.
- Unlike China, it is an open, thriving market for multinationals – something that China lacks – with a clear no to many industrial sectors.
- China – a nation with history of boundary disputes with over two dozen countries.
- India – largest contributors of troops to UN global peacekeeping military operations.
- China violates many international laws like in the South China Sea or East China Sea.
- China is known for pushing Chinese debt trap policies to extort other countries further.
- India suits well with the policies of economic and military powers of the world – USA and other western nations.