- Entire Hamas | political + military wing.
- Designated as Foreign Terrorist Organization | October 8, 1997.
The EU Terrorist List – since 2001
- Blacklist for terror organizations/persons
- Was off the list for 3 years due to technical reasons.
- Not because it left terror activities.
- Funding freeze continued.
The EU Funding Freeze
- DEC 2001 – Hamas’ military wing, the Izz Al-Din Qassam Brigades.
- 2003 – Hamas’ political wing.
- Hamas’ military wing – since 2001
- Entire Hamas, with political wing – since Nov 2021
- Hamas military wing – since 2003.
- Since 2022 – entire Hamas/including its political wing.
- Funding freeze on Hamas since 2001.
- Entire Hamas – since 27 Nov 2002.
Hamas is listed as a terror group in Japan.
Philippines might also declare Hamas a terror group.