Why China Blocked External Communication Tech Players?
- Free speech and content generation is not allowed in China.
- Something that is lifeline for external technology, internet and social media companies.
- China considers free content generation a national and social security threat.
- Aimed to give unilateral playing field to domestic players.
- Focused on regulating the content flow.
Need for a Pliant Internet and Social Media Web
- Imitate the external tech players, if needed, to create a controlled data flow network.
- Create a pro China Communist Party web of social media.
- Effective control of online data and information related to China.
- Propagate and promote the soft power of China’s dictatorial leadership.
- Chinese versions replaced global giants in search and social media sphere like Google, Facebook and Twitter.
- Google, Amazon, Facebook And Twitter were replaced by China’s state-controlled firms Baidu, Tencent, Weibo, Wechat And Tiktok ·
- Baidu, Alibaba and Tencent are mere imitations of Google, Amazon and Facebook.
- Chinese communication tech companies legally bound to share data with Chinese government if asked.
- Giving China an easy access to external data.
- Pushing Chinese players to make inroads in other countries.
- Giving China an unfair advantage as external tech companies are not allowed in China.
- China can acquire and store data from across the globe and can use it against other countries.