- Youngest country with median age of 28 years.
- China’s media age is 37 years.
- Boston Consulting Group says manufacturing labour cost 4 times in China.
- Ageing can be a problem to delve into later on.
- We have 37 years make India what we want to make.
- The Economic Survey: India’s demographic dividend will peak in 2041.
- India to have 59% of its total population in working age.
- Working age population (20-59 years) – will grow by 97 lakh per year from 2021 to 2031 and 42 lakh per year from 2031 to 2041.
- Half of India’s population is under 25.
- 39 crore or 30% of India’s population is between 15-29 years.
- Total youth population (15-34 years) – 42.2 crore in 2011, 47.9 crore in 2021.
- Youth will make 34.1% of country’s total population in 2021.
Demographic Dividend Period in Some Major Economies
|South Korea||1987-2027||40 years|